Thursday, April 30, 2009

Carbs are the devil after 7:00!

Well they are for me, so before anyone stones me! let me just say that this is my opinon and I know a lot of people who agree me on this subject.

So why do I feel like carbs are the devil after 7pm? Well I feel this way, because when I eat carbs(starchy complex carbs, i.e. potatoes,rice,bread.)after 7pm I find that I start holding on to my weight which makes since if you really think about it.

Why does it make sense? Well if you eat a whole bunch of carbs and then go lay down and watch T.V. and then go to sleep what do you think happens to the carbs in your system? Well let me tell you what happens, carbs are used in our bodies for fuel and are broken down for that reason. If you do not do something to burn off those carbs that you ate your body says "hey I guess were just chillin so I'll go ahead and store these carbs away for a rainy day right on your tush!"

When I decided to change this small thing in my life I really started to see some weight loss! Now please don't take this to the extreme, r example if you work night shift of course you will be eating at different times and if you workout at night you really need to find what works for you. I work out at night a lot and now if it is past 7pm I will have a salad for my carbs and some lean protein.

While this works great for me it might not for you so try it and see if it helps you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment