Monday, April 20, 2009

Are you choosing healthy snacks?

O.K. so sorry I didn't get a chance to put up a new post yesterday but I had a busy day at work and I was super tired when I got home.

Are you choosing healthy snacks? Hopefully you are but chances are your not, choosing a healthy snack can be a daunting task for most. I decided to write this post because I had this issue myself last night. I had a craving for something sweet so I went to my freezer and what did I see? Skinny cow ice cream cones, frozen yogurt,lemonade ice,regular ice cream(for the kiddos). So I decided to go for the cup of lemonade ice until I read the nutrition facts now I know it has sugar but it was the calories that got me. Lets take a look.






So it's not that bad right? Well it is when your like most people and eat the whole cup without looking at the nutrition label, most people would think that since it is in a cup like this, that it is one serving! Well wrong this cup is 3 SERVINGS! So if your the average Joe and you just ate this whole cup you just consumed 300 calories!


So my other choice was the Skinny cow ice cream cones, so lets take a look!







The Skinny cow Ice cream has more calories per serving but you know your only eating one serving! Also this treat does have some fat where as the lemonade has none this treat also has a little more sugar in it. The other difference is that the Skinny cow actually has a little bit of protein in it.

So I guess the point of this post is to make you all aware that you need to check your labels! The lemonade is a good choice if you only eat a serving as well as the Skinny cow, so enjoy your snacks every once in awhile but watch it!
TA TA 4 now! Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment